What is DMAE?
Dimethylaminoethanol or DMAE is an organic compound that can tremendously benefit both men and women, most especially women. This naturally-occurring substance is known to reduce the signs of aging specifically facial sag. It is known to aid in the firming of the skin, delaying the inevitable sagging of the face, one of the signs of aging most women dread.
Benefits and Uses of DMAE
- DMAE reduces the accumulation of lipofuscin, a substance that is a by-product of aging which contributes to the aging process. Lipofuscin is a yellow brown pigment made of proteins and fats damaged by free radicals which are deposited on the walls of the cytoplasm of muscle and nerve cells.
- Lipofuscin deposits are concentrated just beneath the skin including the heart liver and other vital organ muscles forming what you call the age spots. These age spots tend to be more pronounced in older people. Regular use of deanol DMAE can assure you of a youthful looking skin.
- DMAE, also called deanol, stimulates the production of acetylcholine and phosphatidylcholine, two important components found in cell membranes. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter produced by cholinergic neurons. It plays a very important role in the normal functioning of the skeletal muscles as well as in regulating the activities of the smooth muscle and heart muscles tissues.
- DMAE sets you in a good mood and boosts more energy to sustain you in your daily activities. Studies conducted on school children showed that intake of DMAE significantly improved behavior and attention span, scholastic aptitude and improved intelligence in general. It also significantly reduced irritability among the subject school children.
- Regular intake of this supplement will greatly improve your cognitive ability, thinking skills and muscle movement and coordination. It is this ability of DMAE to improve and sustain your attention span that makes it an effective supplement in enhancing the learning process and in improving memory.
- Behavioral problems are consequently addressed because this supplement has the ability to hold a person’s attention keeping him still in one place. This is precisely why DMAE is perfect for people who are suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or ADHD. Its ability to hold a person’s attention span is what keeps an ADHD sufferer’s hyperactivity in check. DMAE is known to treat Alzheimer’s disease, autism and tardive dyskinesia.
- When the body is deficient in acetylcholine, learning and memory are adversely affected which could aggravate an already existing Alzheimer’s disease and autism. Deficiency in DMAE may also affect muscle movement and coordination as in tardive dyskinesia. It improves exercise performance when used with ginseng, vitamins and minerals. A dose of 300 to 2000 mg. of deanol/day should be taken when engaged in physical activity to achieve maximum performance.
- Aside from its aesthetic use, DMAE is also useful in industries as curing agent for polyurethanes and epoxy resins, for water treatment and coating purposes. Add to that its use in textile dyes, pharmaceuticals, emulsifiers and, as corrosion inhibitors, additive to paint removers, boilers and amino resins.