- 1 How SARMs work
- 2 Best SARMs on the market
- 2.1 Andarine (S4)
- 2.2 LGD-4033 (Ligandrol)
- 2.3 Ostarine (MK-2866)
- 2.4 MK 677 (Ibutamoren)
- 2.5 Cardarine (GW-5015169)
As we know steroids can help you build muscle by increasing testosterone, which then increases protein synthesis in your cells, building muscle and burning fat. That’s considered the anabolic side of steroids, and it’s great. But steroids also interact with your liver, your prostate, your heart, your sex organs, and your secondary sex characteristics. All these side effects are the androgenic part of steroids. The main issue with steroids is that they have an anabolic-to-androgenic ratio of 1:1.
Fortunately we don’t need steroids anymore because we have newly invented muscle builders like SARMs (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators). They’re far more selective than steroids, boasting anabolic-to-androgenic ratios starting at 3:1 and going as high as 90:1. That means you can still get muscle growth and fat loss, but SARMs won’t give you man boobs or turn you into the bearded lady. You can also take SARMs orally. No need for injections.
How SARMs work
Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators (SARMs) provide the benefits of traditional anabolic/androgenic steroids such as testosterone (including increased muscle mass, fat loss, and bone density), while showing a lower tendency to produce unwanted side effects.
Androgen Receptor (AR) is the cellular receptor that androgens (like testosterone and other anabolic steroids) bind to. This bound androgen/receptor then combine with another similar combination (usually another androgen/androgen-receptor pair), and travel to the cell’s nucleus, where gene transcription is induced. This is one known mechanism of how androgens such as anabolic steroids exert their effects on cells. SARMs have the potential to take the place of the androgen, for all practical intents and purposes, and therefore exert many of the same positive effects on muscle tissue as anabolic steroids (such as testosterone).
The Androgen Receptor plays a critical role in the development and function of primary and accessory sexual organs, skeletal muscle, and bone, as well as several other organs. When Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators bind to the receptor, they demonstrate anabolic (hypertrophic) activity in both muscle and bone, making them ideal candidates for androgen replacement therapy, muscle wasting, and treating Osteoporosis.
Best SARMs on the market
Andarine binds firmly to the androgen receptors. Its chemical name is S-3-(4-acetylaminophenoxy)-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(4-nitro-3-trifluoromethylpheanyl) propionamide. S4 Andarine was developed in the treatment of muscle wasting diseases, osteoporosis and enlargement of the prostate. Unlike an anabolic androgenic steroid, S4 Andarine focuses only on the bone and muscle sites unlike other androgenic compounds that may affect secondary sex organs. By binding to the androgen receptors, S4 Andarine alters the gene expression, thereby increasing anabolism via increases in protein synthesis. Although a highly effective compound, in comparison to its binding affinity it is approximately one third that of testosterone.
Benefits of Andarine
- Powerful pro-anabolic compound
- Can be used by males and females
- Increases lean muscle mass
- Increases strength and endurance
- Promotes fat loss
- Promotes recovery
- Increases libido
The common dosing range of S4 is 50-75mg per day taken evenly throughout the day. Andarine carries a half-life of approximately four hours. Results may be seen in as little as four weeks, but most will find six weeks to be the minimum time frame for decent results to be seen with 8-10 weeks being fairly common. Andarine can be stacked with other SARM’s, with anabolic steroids, peptides or nearly any performance based medication. Some will choose to take it in between steroid cycles as they are attempting to let testosterone levels recover; however, note they will not recover when this SARM is in play.
The best shredder stack would be the combination of 20mg of Cardarine (GW-501516) with 50-75mg of S4 Andarine. This combination is well known as a potent cutting stack.
Anabolic steroid stack
Stacking S4 Andarine as part of an anabolic steroid cycle is a good way to help increase strength and lean muscle mass without giving additional side effects to your cycle.
If you want to recomp, andarine stacks beautifully with Cardarine (GW-501516) and Ostarine (MK 2866).
Side effects of S4 Andarine
- Vision disturbances -Andarine is known for one side effect – its affinity to bind to the androgen receptors in the eyes, which is not permanent or harmful. When this happens, the user may have problems adjusting their vision from darkness to light, or they will notice a yellow tint. If this becomes a problem, you can lower the dose down or take a couple days off from taking it. Therefore, there is nothing to worry about because once the compound is stopped, your vision will return to normal within a few days to a week.
- Testosterone Suppression – The side effects of Andarine (S4) will include the suppression of natural testosterone production. The rate of suppression will not be as significant as with an anabolic steroid, but may be more significant than with other SARMs. How much suppression exists will be dependent on dose and genetic factors. Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) may or may not be needed. If used with an anabolic steroid it will certainly be needed.
LGD-4033 (Ligandrol or Anabolicum) is a relatively new nonsteroidal, oral SARM that binds to the androgen receptor with high affinity and selectivity. It demonstrates anabolic activity in muscles, anti-resorptive and anabolic activity in bones and a robust selectivity for muscle and bone versus prostate and sebaceous glands. LGD-4033 was originally created to help manage the muscle wasting which is common in diseases such as cancer, as well as age-related muscle loss.
The effects of Ligandrol can range from bulking and cutting to total body transformation. It is hard to compare the power of LGD-4033 to various anabolic steroids due to SARM’s still being relatively new to the market, but the effects do appear to be strong. Off-season or bulking athletes can expect to gain significant strength and muscle mass with adequate calories. They will also find water retention cannot occur, meaning any weight gained will be that of lean muscle tissue.
- An increase in strength levels
- Lean muscle mass improved
- A drop in body fat
- Has healing properties
- Does not cause the undesirable side effects caused by prohormones and anabolic steroids
Ligandrol has shown the most ability of any SARM to put on size that could be considered a bulk. This will, of course, be dependent upon the diet used. Users that have experienced more than 10lb. increases, and have had a significant increase in calorie intake. The possibility of this type of size is present with LGD use. A recommend dosage for this type of goal would be 5-10 mg day for 8 weeks.
Ligandrol seems to shine with this method. Many have seen an increase in lean body mass and a decrease in body fat. LGD seems to work the best with this method. Ran in conjunction with other SARMS, like cardarine (GW-501516), will only increase the likelihood of a stronger recomp. Recommended doses for recomping would be 5-8 mg a day for 8 weeks.
Ligandrol can be used to cut as well. It will shine more-so if ran in conjunction with SARMS S-4 and Cardarine (GW-501516). This would be similar to a SARMS triple stack that is normally ran with Ostarine, except there is a possibility of more size being put on while cutting. A good dose for this method would be 3-5 mg a day for 8 weeks.
Side effects of LGD-4033
The side effects of Ligandrol appear to be minimal and often non-existent in many users. Unlike anabolic steroids that promote large amounts of androgenic activity, such related negative effects appear to be absent in most all cases. Side effects of LGD-4033 are possible, but again very rare, making it one of the more desirable items in the performance enhancement arsenal.
- Testosterone suppression is possible but should not be as significant as suppression related to anabolic steroid use. Some claim suppression is suppression regardless of the rate, but that’s simplistic at best. A man with natural testosterone levels of 650 ng/dl who is suppressed to 450 ng/dl, that is a far cry from 42 ng/dl. More importantly, data has shown Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) will both remain at their current state. Some data has also shown slight decreases in Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG), which in turn may increase Free testosterone levels. However, a significant increase in Free testosterone is unlikely. Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) medications may or may not be needed depending on the individual, but some period of normalization is generally required.
Ostarine (MK-2866 or Enobosarm) is a SARM (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator) that was developed for the prevention and treatment of muscle wasting. Its full chemical name is (2S)-3-(4-cyanophenoxy)-N-[4-cyano-3-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl]-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-propanamide. Ostarine in particular exerts its anabolic effects on muscle tissue almost exclusively. So not only does it represent a new potential treatment option for a wide spectrum of conditions from muscle wasting diseases (from age-related to AIDS or cancer-related), but is also has immense potential for muscle building for Bodybuilders, fitness, athletes and an agent to minimize atrophy during recovery periods from serious surgery or similar situations. Ostarine is effective in not only maintaining lean body mass (LBM) but actually increasing it.
Benefits of Ostarine
- Anabolic even at doses as low as 3mg
- Great for strength
- Great for lean mass gains
- Great for body recomposition
- Great for endurance (aerobic or anaerobic)
- Joint healing abilities
- Half life of circa 24 hours – only once a day dosing required
As Ostarine is the most anabolic of the available SARMs, its first and formost use must be when trying to gain lean muscle. Now the gains in absolute weight won’t be comparable to steroids such as diannabol, however what will be gained will almost exclusivley be lean mass. Due to the lack of shutdown in comparison to steroids/prohormones, a PCT period is not needed and almost all the mass that is gained on Ostarine is kept once the cycle is finished.
Doses of 25mg for 4-6 weeks are the most common protocol for such goals. Over this 4-6 week period will typically produce 6lbs or 3kg of lean, keepable gains. However the abundant side effects of steroids/prohormones will not be present.
Users have as high as 36mg (only recommended for those who weigh in at 210lbs) for periods as long as 8 weeks. However the potential for suppression from such doses is higher and users would have to look into a PCT protocol after undergoing such a cycle.
Ostarine would primarily fit into a cutting protocol for the maintainance of muscle mass whilst reducing calories. One of the most disheartening outcomes of cutting is the loss hard earned muscle mass. The drop in metabolic rate and hormone levels (T3, IGF, Testosterone etc) with the lack of calories is a perfect catabolic enviroment for loss of muscle tissue. As Ostarine has anabolic effects, the dieter can cut calories without having to worry about muscle or strength loss. Ostarine has also shown noticeable nutrient partioining effects among users, another reason why it can be of great help when cutting.
A 12.5-15mg dosing protocol for 4-6 weeks is good for cutting with Ostarine without undergoing any side effects or suppression. However it must be stated that due to the lack of androgenicity, muscle hardness and overall results are not as prominenant as with the SARM S-4.
Recomping is where Ostarine really shines. The recomping effect of losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is what the majority of users are looking for. Trying to achieve this when you are not absolutely new to training is extremely difficult. Where Ostarine shines for recomping is in its nutrient partioning benefits. Calories are taken from fat stores and calorie intake is fed to the muscle tissue. In fact many users report that Ostarine consumed at maintainace calories produces weight loss, whilst still getting increases in strength and muscle mass!
One of the most important factors of recomping is TIME. As you are trying to achieve multiple objectives, it requires a longer time period to notice good recomp effects so even when running steroids, these would have to be longer run injectible compounds as oppose to the short used liver toxic oral steroids/prohormones.
Although Ostarine is taken orally, as it is not methylated it is not as liver toxic as other oral steroids/prohormones. Therefore it can be run for longer than the standard 4 week period with the aforementioned compounds.
The dosing protocol of 12.5-25mg for 4-8 weeks will give excellent recomp effects. Diet must also be optimized to where calories are just above maintaninance with at least 30% coming from lean sources of protein to get the best recomp effect.
Side effects of Ostarine
The side effects of Ostarine are limited as it appears to be a relatively side effect friendly drug. Many of the adverse effects associated with anabolic steroids will not exist with this SARM; however, some will, although mildly.
- Cardiovascular side effects – The side effects of Ostarine should present minimal cardiovascular risk. Both HDL and LDL levels may be reduced, but all data shows minimal to insignificant reductions.
- Testosterone Suppression – It’s often said SARM’s will not suppress natural testosterone production, and it’s true they will not compared to anabolic steroids. However, some suppression is possible, but complete suppression is not. A testosterone-boosting supplement may be warranted while using MK 2866. Post Cycle Therapy (PCT) data is somewhat inconclusive as to if this is needed. Some men seem to experience greater levels of testosterone suppression than others.
MK 677 (Ibutamoren)
MK 677 (Ibutamoren, Nutrobal) is known as a SARM which acts as a potent, orally active growth hormone secretagogue, mimicking the GH stimulating action of the endogenous hormone ghrelin. Altough MK-677 is mostly referred as a SARM technically it is not a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator. In fact Ibutamoren is a GH secretagogue that signals the pituitary gland in your body to secrete more growth hormone. MK-677 is mimicking ghrelin that is referred to as the hunger hormone. It is produced by ghrelin cells in the GI tract which functions as a neuropeptide in the central nervous system. Ghrelin also plays a significant role in regulating the distribution and rate of energy use.
MK-677 also greatly improves your ability to burn fat, thus making it a very viable option for the treatment of obesity in the future. Ibutamoren will not negatively affect your testosterone levels in any capacity at all, so there is literally NO chance of any hormonal suppression. Consequently, you don’t need to take an aromatase inhibitor or complete a PCT phase after taking MK-677.
Benefits of MK-677
- Ibutamoren doesn’t require any injections as it has a high level of oral bioavailability
- Only one dose is needed per day to reap all the benefits MK-677 has to offer while synthetic HGH injections and GH peptide injections need to be pinned several times per day which can be a nuisance, not to mention extremely inconvenient if you are traveling (good luck storing your HGH and peptides in a fridge and getting all your injections in each day while traveling).
- MK-677 causes 12 very strong GH pulsations from your pituitary gland after ingestion (you would need to inject GHRP-6 12+ times per day to achieve this same benefit from peptides)
- It is stored at room temperature making it convenient for travel (HGH and GH peptides need to be stored in a fridge like I mentioned previously)
- IGF-1 levels continue to increase with each consecutive day of use to extremely high levels (each consecutive dose continuously increases how much muscle your body is capable of packing on)
- Body fat melts off so much easier
- Weight gain is rapid and very noticeable (in a good way). It isn’t uncommon for someone to gain up to 10 pounds within their first week of using Ibutamoren
- Sleep quality is deeper and dramatically improved from the increased GH output
- Endurance is greatly enhanced
- Improvement of your complexion
- Dramatic increases in nitrogen retention result in crazy muscular fullness
- Big increases of strength
- Immune system operates at a heightened level
Usual dosage of Ibutamoren is 5mg-25 mg per day. The half life of MK-677 is 24 hours and is best tolerated when taken in the morning on an empty stomach. It provides a large improvement in sleep benefit however it can interfere with sleep if taken too late at night as opposed to the morning, making morning dosing optimal. The high end dosing protocol for Ibutamoren is 50 mg per day but it has shown to consistently be the best tolerated and show the most positive effect at 25 mg per day. It is fine to ease into it and assess your body response. It has shown to be best utilized in the safest and most effective manner at 25 mg per day. This dosing has shown to be the sweet spot. Many studies have shown MK-677 to be used in one and two year intervals with no adverse reactions and no desensitizing issues. This makes it very desirable for use as well.
Side effects of MK-677
- Some of the usual side effects that go with elevated GH levels such as numb hands, some lethargy, as well as slight increased appetite have been reported with the use of Mk-677.
- Interestingly, during prolonged administration both IGF-1 and GH were increased with no increase in cortisol.
- Some anecdotal evidence suggested there was a temporary small increase in prolactin when beginning administration, so individuals who are very prone to prolactin side effect may want to incorporate a short schedule of HCGenerate ES to prevent problems. I want to stress, this is only an issue for guys who are extremely prone to prolactin sides, which is usually 1% of users. How do you know if you’re prone to prolactin sides? If you get gynecomastia from taking trenbolone, you’re prone to prolactin sides.
Cardarine or GW 5015169 is known as a SARM (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator) with great endurance enhancing and fat burning ability. However technically Cardarine is not a SARM. It is a PPAR receptor agonist (PPAR-RA). Cardarine was developed in the 1990s to prevent and cure tumor formation in the colon, prostate, and breasts. Studies done in the early 2000s have found that GW 501516 and other PPAR agonists have also been able to stop metabolic disorders such as obesity and diabetes through specific gene expressions.
Benefits of Cardarine
- GW 501516 is the ultimate endurance enhancer – It’s used by elite athletes and competitors for a reason.
- Gives you insane energy levels – so you can push harder in the gym, increase your intensity, and bust through plateaus like never before.
- Decreases recovery time – meaning you can lift almost every day while taking GW.
- Will rapidly melt fat, but is NON CATABOLIC. That means you’ll keep all your gains while getting leaner.
- Will get you immediate, noticeable results: literally on the first dose.
- Provides one of the cleanest energies. It’s not a stimulant, so you won’t crash or feel anxious at all.
- The ability to run for as long as 12 weeks. You’ll get better and better results the longer you take it.
- Is versatile – can be stacked with virtually anything.
- Can be used while cutting or bulking. Cardarine will accelerate your results no matter what you do.
- Gives you an overall sense of health and well being. You’ll feel amazing while you’re on it.
- No side effects, liver toxicity, or suppression have been reported. There’s no need for PCT either.
- Called the possible cure for obesity, Cardarine allows you to lose weight by using fat stores for energy rather than carbohydrates.
Cardarine will give benefits in both endurance and fat oxidation at 10-15mgs per day for an ideal 8 week cycle; however, 20mg per day for 8-12 weeks is the recommended dose to get you the absolute optimum results in and out of the gym. Half life of Cardarine is between 16-24 hours and should be take at 10mg once a day or 10mg once every 10-12 hours if taken at a higher dose.
No PCT is needed, GW 5015169 is recommended in combination with PCT if highly toxic anabolics have been used.
Side effects of Cardarine
The known side effects of Cardarine primarily surround increasing the chances of cancer; however, it’s not quite that cut and dry. Studies that showed increased cancer rates in rats used doses of the PPAR-RA far above and beyond what any human would take. Further, additional studies have shown GW-501516 decreased existing cancerous tumors and in effect cured the existing cancer. The truth behind the relationship with this drug and cancer is unknown at this time. Because there is a potential relationship between the medication and cancer, we may never know the truth as it’s unlikely any major pharmacy group will undertake any additional study.
Thanks isarms.com, evolutionary.org, moreplatesmoredates.com, steroid.com